Greetings from Ummeed!
In this pandemic situation hope you all are well.
Pray for your safety and good health.
As per your request for internship, here Ummeed is happy to announce that we are starting our online internship programme from the coming week through zoom meeting application.
We will offer 12 interactive lessons spread from April to June in the internship program to students who have or are currently pursuing B.A./M.A./M.Sc. in psychology/education which includes:
- 1) An orientation to psychology, with special emphasis on the scope of counselling psychology.
- 2) Session on cognitive behavior therapy.
- 3) Case discussion session with practicing consultants - based on real life case studies.
- 4) In depth analysis on case history gathering.
- 5) Guidance to students pursuing psychology as career option.
All of the above are done under the supervision of mentors/professionals at Ummeed.
Need based topics that are suggested for students in their internship program include:
Supervisors & Professionals:
Ms. Salony Priya
- General introduction to counselling- including outline of different psycho-therapuetic perspectives and counselling approaches, importance of counselling, types of counselling
- General intervention procedures in counselling
- Behaviour therapy - principles and techniques
- Adolescent addiction - basic concept along with case study discussion
- Depression - identification, diagnosing and management of depression along with emphasis on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - basic principles and techniques
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) - basic principles and techniques
– Psychotherapist, Trainer, Director Ummeed would be the main course Director , along with Senior Counsellors and consultants who would add value to the course.
Ms. Nikita Jalan (M.Phil in Clinical Psychology)
- Ms. Jalan is has been attached with a number of well known organizations such as Dakshini Prayash (School for underprivileged children), Medica Superspecialty Hospital, Institute of Neurosciences, Kolkata. She specializes in behavioral management of children with various difficulties such as defiance, conduct disorder, anxiety and depression. Implemented token system for group behavioral management and motivation of middle school students. She is also instrumental in performing psychometric testing and interviews to determine mental status of client. Worked with other doctors and family members to devise the most appropriate management plan for each client. she has also attained a post graduate diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy to aid her intervention processes.
Ms. Anasuya Dasgupta (Consultant)
- She is a post graduate in Psychology from Delhi University with a diploma in Training & Development (ISTD, Delhi) and in counselling. She was also a BS Trainer in State Bank-Training College. She has wide experience in employee counselling, personal counselling as well as module based corporate training. She has worked as a Counsellor – trainer in various places in India and abroad (Oman).
Dr. Sarbani Laha Samanta (Ph.D in clinical psychology)
- She is a senior counsellor and Life Skills Traine. Visiting counsellor at Hariyana Vida Mandir. She has experience in training counsellors and students in various topics such as NLP, projective techniques, psychotherapy and Brain Gym.
Ms. Pinki Banerjee (Counsellor, Play Therapist and Life Skills Trainer)
- Ms Banerjee is a visiting counsellor at Lions Calcutta Greater Vidya Mandir and Julien Day, Howrah. She has worked with schools such as St. Mary's Orphanage and Mount Litera Zee School. She is a trained play therapist and works with children under 1- years age to identify their social and emotional skills though projective techniques. Pinki completed her Psychiatric Counselling course from Indian Psycho Analytical Society and has 7 years experience in working as a psychiatric counsellor at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Research Institute and Mood Society.
List of schools and colleges who have benefitted from our internship program are as follows:
LORETO COLLEGE, KOLKATA
GOKHALE MEMORIAL GIRLS COLLEGE, KOLKATA
J.D. BIRLA (HUMAN DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT), KOLKATA
RAJABAZAR SCIENCE COLLEGE, CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY
LADY SHRI RAM COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, NEW DELHI
ST. STEPHEN'S COLLEGE, DELHI
CHRIST UNIVERSITY, BANGALORE
MOUNT CARMEL, BANGALORE
AMITY UNIVERSITY, NOIDA
AMITY UNIVERSITY, HARYANA
AMITY UNIVERSITY, KOLKATA
AMITY UNIVERSITY, MUMBAI
JAI HIND COLLEGE, MUMBAI
SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES
NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, USA
JOHNS HOPKINS, BALTIMORE, USA
BATH UNIVERSITY, UK
is compulsory for the appreciation letter and certification.
For registration and charges contact Abira Naskar, office executive, Ummeed Counselling and Consulting Services at 9830558900/ 8777871110
For further queries, you may share our contact details with your other college authorities so that they may contact us for placements.
Kindly revert regarding your internship.